Wednesday, March 25, 2009

1 Month Post-Op

I went back to the Dr. today. They took more xrays and put on a new splint. He said everything looks great and that my wrist is healing nicely around the pins. I am now allowed to take the splint off up to 6 times/day to move my hand around some to prevent it from getting so stiff (but this involves undoing and redoing the ace wrap every time). It still hurts (I'm still taking 1 -4 aleve per day) and is still pretty swollen just above the site of the ligament repair, but he said this is normal and in comparison to other people, was not very swollen. He said he could give me some stronger pain meds, but I declined. He also asked me to describe the pain, and if it was the same or a different feeling as before the surgery. I told him it was different, that it just aches, and feels like I have a nail in my wrist. This seemed to be good news (that it didn't feel the same as before the surgery). Mainly it's just annoying and uncomfortable, but I've gotten much more used to it, and at times if I hold very still and think about something else I can't even tell that anything's wrong. All in all the 4 weeks have gone by more quickly than I thought they would. Half way there! I go back in 4 weeks, at which time they'll take out the pins.




2 comments:

  1. So I was wondering. I have been diagnosed with this exact same injury. They said it was a partial tear. I'm thinking i'd rather just have it surgically repaired just to make sure it is right. What prompted you to do the surgery with only a tear? Mine is a work comp claim too and this mess started in January and I only just now got the actual correct dx. Any advice you can give me would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have finally posted 2 new posts about my PT, recovery, etc. How are things going for you?

    ReplyDelete